Sunday, January 10, 2010

Proposal

For my emulation project, I shall emulate the photographer Ansel Adams. His style of photographing wildlife and nature is unique in every respect. How he uses the style of photographing in black and white is also unique. His approach to photographing is why I plan to emulate his work and style. He is also one of the most popular nature photographers today. I live in the country surrounded by a lot of wildlife and nature and neither of these things are hard to come by, so it will be fairly easy for me to emulate his style of taking photographs of nature and wildlife. If you look at his photographs, you can see why he is considered to be the best nature photographer. He has a keen eye for finding the best sites and animal gatherings around. He took most of his most famous pictures in the uninhabited parts of the west and where I live is the perfect place to emulate a photograph that contains no human presence.

I shall take pictures with the subject as the Village of Altamont. I shall try to get a full view of the entire village from the surrounding hills. I can also take the picture overlooking the snow covered valley with a few houses situated in the valley. If I go at the right time, I might be able to take the photo of the valley in a shroud of mist which will be even better. Also, I can take a picture from the top of my garage facing the surrounding houses.

1 comment:

  1. Good, Chris. Remember: do not use flash and be sure to keep an eye on your exposure. Adams was famous for his perfectly metered and processed photographs. After you take a photograph, be sure to review it on the camera monitor, zoom in on it and check out the histogram.

    ReplyDelete