The quote "modern art is a lie forced on the public" is a statement that is correct in the fact that people who create modern art make it out to seem as though it is difficult. In the movie, a 4 year old girl who has no technical skill is making art that any other modern artist could make. This means that either the child is a child prodigy, her parents are helping her out, or modern art is no more than a child's painting done by an adult sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Jackson Pollock is said to be the best modern art painter. He has been shown to be a fraud and is no more than a child's painting. I believe that modern art is just a bunch of paint thrown onto a canvas. All that you have to have is either good public relations, a good life story, or be famous in some other way. I could do what Pollock did and make it just as good. I could also take one of his most expensive works, call it my own, and not have one offer to by it because I'm not famous at all.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who has shown Jackson Pollock to be a fraud?
ReplyDelete