Friday, October 16, 2009
I thought that the movie "My Kid Could Paint" did answer the question "American dream or art world scheme?” I think it answered this because it showed that modern art, when expensive, is the "American dream" of becoming rich and famous. It is an art world scheme" as well because it is a huge scam or scheme to rip us off by making art that is a bunch of colors on a canvas that doesn't look like anything. I do not believe that anyone should be able to sell their "art" for hundreds of thousands of dollars when it is no better than what a four year old could do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a strong opinion, Chris. Do you believe a child's artwork does not hold any value? Or, perhaps it is only valuable to those who know the child? Are you against the idea of "The American Dream?" because American culture, in general, is perverse and fame-hungry? Or, do you disagree with "The American Dream" only as it relates to art and money?
ReplyDeleteWhere is your Blog List, Chris?
ReplyDelete